COURAGE -- DON'T QUIT -- DREAM -- KEEP ON KEEPING ON

 

courage 


quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery
 
Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
 
 

Don't Quit no matter what!


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he'd stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.
- by Author Unknown
 
 

HAVE COURAGE TO SAY NO!
You’re starting, my boy, on life’s journey,
Along the grand highway of life;
You’ll meet with a thousand temptations—
Each city with evil is rife.


This world is a stage of excitement,
There’s danger wherever you go;
But if you are tempted to weakness,
Have courage, my boy, to say No!

 
In courage, my boy, lies your safety,
When you the long journey begin,
Your trust in a heavenly Father
Will keep you unspotted from sin.


Temptations will go on increasing,
As streams from a rivulet flow;
But if you’d be true to your manhood,
Have courage, my boy, to say No!

 
Be careful in choosing companions,
Seek only the brave and the true,
And stand by your friends when in trial,
Ne’er changing the old for the new;


And when by false friends you are tempted
The taste of the wine cup to know,
With firmness, with patience and kindness,
Have courage, my boy, to say No!


Have courage, my boy, to say No!
Have courage, my boy, to say No!
Have courage, my boy,
Have courage, my boy,
Have courage, my boy, to say No!

- by Author Unknown


What is a dream?

A dream is a magical thing
A rainbow of joy in your heart
Your own secret corner
Where no one can go
Where the path
To fulfillment can start
A dream lures you on,
Always one step ahead
Until you have caught it,
And then there's always another
To capture your soul
And lead you onward again.
- by Author Unknown



YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
Figure it out for yourself, my lad,
You've all that the greatest of men have had;
Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes,
And a brain to use if you would be wise,
With this equipment they all began--
So start from the top and say, I CAN.
 
Look them over, the wise and the great,
They take their food from a common plate,
And similar knives and forks they use,
With similar laces they tie their shoes;
The world considers them brave and smart,
But you've all they had when they made their start.
 
You can triumph and come to skill,
You can be great if you only will;
You're well equipped for what fight you choose,
You have arms and legs and a brain to use;
And the man who has risen great deeds to do
Began his life with no more than you.
 
You are the handicap you must face,
You are the one who must choose your place.
You must say where you want to go,
How much you will study the truth to know;
God has equipped you for life, but He
Lets you decide what you want to be.
 
Courage must come from the soul within
The man must furnish the will to win.
So figure it out for yourself my lad,
You were born with all that the great have had;
With your equipment they all began,
Get hold of yourself and say, 'I CAN.'
- by Author Unknown



 “When faced with a mountain I WILL NOT QUIT I will keep on striving until I climb over, find a pass through, tunnel underneath or simply stay and turn the mountain into a gold mine, with gods help”  Rev. Robert H. Schuller -

 

Courage brings Freedom & Peace

  • John 14:27 "PEACE I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
  • Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
  • Philippians 1:12-14 “But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.”


 
Psalm 31:24
 “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”
 
 
1 Corinthians 15:58
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the
 
 
Ephesians 6:10
 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
 
 Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

3 comments:

Maleeka said...

Thank you. I am pressing on though I want to quit physically, spiritually, and emotionally everything. Some days it just doesn't seem worth it.

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

Maleeka, you have one of the most unique spirits I have ever encountered!
Even Jesus went away for times of prayer after he had spent himself on the behalf of others.
Luke 10:27 “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. as yourself - as yourself - as yourself (NOT MORE THAN YOURSELF!!!!!)
You bless me so much!
And you are daily in my prayers!
Trust me-- You are called PRECIOUS by your Heavenly Father!
Many will be blessed by you-- He has only begun there is so much more inside of you that will keep bubbling out as you care for yourself, stay in the Holy Word, and keep your inner vessel filled with his love, joy and anointing!
Bless you!

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

The work you do today may be difficult and tiring, but we should still thank God for it because it is His gift to us—the ability to provide for our needs. Thank Him today for that gift and pray for the ability to work “as to the Lord” (Colossians 3:23).