REVIVAL! DOES THE CHURCH AND THE MINISTERS REALLY WANT IT?

       
 

"To the church a revival means humiliation, a bitter knowledge of failure, and an open and humiliating confession of sin on the part of her ministers and people.

It is not the easy and glowing thing many think it to be, who imagine that it fills the empty pews, and reinstates the Church in power and authority.

IT COMES TO SCORCH BEFORE IT HEALS; it comes to rebuke ministers and people for their unfaithful witness, for their selfish living, for their neglect of the Cross, and to call them to daily renunciation, to an evangelical poverty, and to a deep and daily consecration.

This is why a revival has ever been unpopular with large numbers within the Church. Because it says nothing to them of power such as they have learned to love, or of ease, or of success; it accuses them of sin, it tells them that they are dead, it calls them to awake, to renounce the world, and to follow Christ."
1909 by James Burns
 
 
Lord Send A Revival
 
 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Brenda said...

amen to what you have said,
I pray with you for the revival, for the Lord to bring back to life His dying church and to take away the doctrine of man that is making void the Word of God. I pray for the gifts to be allowed to operate as they should and for faith to increase through the hearing of His Word.

Thank you Lord for saying 'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.' (John ch. 10 v. 10)
God bless