CONTENT



1 Timothy 6:6-8 – “But Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”


'STUFF We work all our lives, to buy some stuff... and the first thing we know, we have too much stuff! When we go on vacation-- we have to take some stuff along.. But most of our stuff we have to leave at home! Then we worry about somebody taking our STUFF! When we clean out the attic, we find all kinds of stuff-- some stuff is pretty good, but most of it is simply old stuff! We go to all kinds of sales to look for stuff-- and when we have a little extra money we buy more st...uff -- to make more stuff! We need to eat, but we have to be careful to buy the right stuff. Some of the stuff we buy isn't always good for us! The price of stuff keeps going up, and nowadays, we don't get much stuff for our money--- but they want us to buy all the stuff that's advertised online, on TV and in every magazine and newspaper.
ONE MORE THING ABOUT STUFF IS: WE CAN'T TAKE IT WITH US WHEN WE DIE!
I think I have enough stuff..... but sometimes I would like some different stuff-- wouldn't you?


THE GAME OF LIFE IS LABORIOUS ~~
IT'S A GAME OF ILLUSIONS AND SECRECY ~~
ONLY WE OURSELVES KNOW IF WE ARE WINNING OR LOSING


Mark 12:41-44 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.
43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”





Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart,
That I may not sin against You. Psalm 119:11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: