FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT




FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
A note of interest -- there are 9 GIFTS and 9 FRUIT.
All 9 of the FRUIT are needed to season every gift in its manifestation.
While the gifts of the spirit are necessary for supernatural ministry, it does not prove spiritual life.
FRUIT, as an outgrowth from a man's life, proves spiritual life on the inside.
FRUIT needs to be understood as FRUIT and ministries as ministries. The confusion of the two is a common error.
FRUIT bearing is the means to good Christian character growth.
Galatians 5: 22 The FRUIT of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is LOVE [unselfish concern for others], JOY, [inner] PEACE, PATIENCE [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, 23 GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL. Against such things there is no law.
24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.
25 If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage—our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit]. 26 We must not become conceited, challenging or provoking one another, envying one another.


A Tree and Its FRUIT
Matthew 7: 15
“Beware of the false prophets, [teachers] who come to you dressed as sheep [appearing gentle and innocent], but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 By their FRUIT you will recognize them [that is, by their contrived doctrine and self-focus]. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every healthy tree bears good FRUIT, but the unhealthy tree bears bad FRUIT. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad FRUIT, nor can a bad tree bear good FRUIT. 19 Every tree that does not bear good FRUIT is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore, by their FRUIT you will recognize them [as false prophets].
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’
1 Corinthians 9:27 But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service].



Jesus Is the Vine—Followers Are Branches
John 15: 1
“I am the true Vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear FRUIT, He takes away; and every branch that continues to bear FRUIT, He [repeatedly] prunes, so that it will bear more FRUIT [even richer and finer fruit]. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have given you [the teachings which I have discussed with you]. 4 Remain in Me, and I [will remain] in you. Just as no branch can bear FRUIT by itself without remaining in the vine, neither can you [bear fruit, producing evidence of your faith] unless you remain in Me. 5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him bears much FRUIT, for [otherwise] apart from Me [that is, cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken off] branch, and withers and dies; and they gather such branches and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you remain in Me and My words remain in you [that is, if we are vitally united and My message lives in your heart], ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you. 8 My Father is glorified and honored by this, when you bear much FRUIT, and prove yourselves to be My [true] disciples.





Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

No comments: