NEW YEAR -- EXAMINATION - CORRECTION -- REDIRECTION


Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, FORGETTING those things which are behind, and REACHING forth unto those things which are before.
Philippians 3:13






TO FORGET: 
disregard an offense
remove judgmental spirits within
keep no score of wrongs
ignore all good thing you yourself have preformed and expected thanks or recognition for
FORGETTING reminds me that , too, have flaws which others could emphasize.
FORGETTING enables me to be big and encouraging, not petty and negative.
FORGETTING frees me to live for tomorrow rather than be hung up on yesterdays.





THE ART OF FORGETTING
by Gen. Chapman
Perhaps forgetting is not quite so fundamental as forgiving; for forgiveness is a grace, while forgetting is an art.
One must forgive to be good, but he must forget if he would be wise and useful and happy.

Yes, forgetting is an art implying practices just the opposite of remembering. Repetition, exaggeration, association, & imagination are all involved in memory methods.

But if you want to forget a thing, refuse to dwell upon it, minify it's importance, reduce it's rank, look at if from the perspective of things that really matter, make it inconsequential, finally isolate it, as the scientists do to disease germs in the laboratory.
Refuse to connect it with persons or motives, and positively forbid the imagination to dwell up it.

FORGET IT.
LEARN TO FORGET BY FORGETTING
FORGETTING IS AN ART
2 Corinthians 13
5 Test and evaluate yourselves to see whether you are in the faith and living your lives as [committed] believers. Examine yourselves [not me]! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves [by an ongoing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test and are rejected as counterfeit? 6 But I hope you will acknowledge that we do not fail the test nor are we to be rejected. 7 But I pray to God that you may do nothing wrong. Not so that we [and our teaching] may appear to be approved, but that you may continue doing what is right, even though we [by comparison] may seem to have failed. 8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth [and the gospel—the good news of salvation]. 9 We are glad when we are weak [since God’s power comes freely through us], but you [by comparison] are strong. We also pray for this, that you be made complete [fully restored, growing and maturing in godly character and spirit—pleasing your heavenly Father by the life you live]. 10 For this reason I am writing these things while absent from you, so that when I come, I will not need to deal severely [with you], in my use of the authority which the Lord has given me [to be used] for building you up and not for tearing you down.

11 Finally, believers, rejoice! Be made complete [be what you should be], be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace [enjoy the spiritual well-being experienced by believers who walk closely with God]; and the God of love and peace [the source of lovingkindness] will be with you. 12 Greet one another with a [a]holy kiss. 13 All God’s people greet you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.


Press on ~ Selah ~ Lyrics






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

No comments: