HELP LORD, MENTAL CRISIS -- IS IT SIN OR A CHARACTER DISORDER?

Dear Heavenly Father,
It seems everywhere I go and with everyone I know personal crisis' are affecting lives.
You know how much I struggle & suffer as I continually try to love and understand various people and issues within them since you have brought them into my life for a purpose.
Caring enough to confront is very difficult for me as I know it is for many people.
I realize I can neither change anyone's heart nor produce more love in my own heart for them.
Rebellion, free will choices, or true mental health issues is a daily concern in our current American society at homes, schools, & workplaces.
Regarding what the American Psychiatric Association Mental Health Manual calls “Character Disorders” seems to be a fine line in my mind of what is also a Biblical description of various sins.
1 Samuel 15: 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee.
James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Divisive situations seem to cause others to distant from themselves from the troubled person as the whole truth never seems to come into open play at a surface realistic level; they are often skilled liars who project themselves as never wrong, never sorry, always victims.
Father, my desire is to find avenues of help for the hurting all around us. I don't want to hold resentment, criticize, nor judge other people in any way. I believe you, Dear Lord, have special ways and means to heal inner hurts others carry deep within – if and when they turn to you for solutions.
It's tough trying to be compassionate and “to walk in their shoes” when I myself am also a human in continual need of forgiveness for known and unknown mistakes I have make in relationships with you and others.
I know I am a sentimental person – yet, I do not wish to pity, care-take, or rescue another human who is trying to become balanced as they develop in their own mind, body, emotions or soul.
Nor do I believe society and church leaders should become compromising placaters to mental health advocates or to sinful & un-remorseful rebellious humans within our society who do not seek change through remorse & repentance.
I know you are God (not me) and that at times "tough love" is crucial to situations that can only be resolved between you and that party.
Help me and others involved with troubled people to know when to listen, when to speak and when to be silent.
I am seeking your wisdom and discernment regarding issues with persons who seems to suffer from “Character Disorders” and/or un-confessed sin issues.
Show me when and how to kindly refer them to the right professions for their individual situation - be it spiritual leaders, psychologists, or maybe even law enforcement if harm of self or others is or could become an issue.
I pray for their well being and that they will be reconciled with you, with hope, with joy, and in all relationships in their life present, past and future.
Please, hear my prayers as I pray on behalf of all individuals involved or those who may encounter temperamental people problems that cause chaos in their surroundings with ongoing inappropriate behavior struggles.
Please quickly bring deliverance from drama, self-pity, and victim's mentality to our society.
Help me to take no offenses if they act improperly toward me but to always have pure motives and a spirit filled with mercy, grace, and forgiveness.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

No comments: