ART OF FORGETTING - FORGIVE



THE ART OF FORGETTING
by Gen. Chapman

Perhaps forgetting is not quite so fundamental as forgiving; for forgiveness is a grace, while forgetting is an art.
One must forgive to be good, but he must forget if he would be wise and useful and happy.

Yes, forgetting is an at implying practices just the opposite of remembering. Repetition, exaggeration, association, & imagination are all involved in memory methods.
But if you want to forget a thing, refuse to dwell upon it, minify it's importance, reduce it's rank, look at if from the perspective of things that really matter, make it inconsequential, finally isolate it, as the scientists do to disease germs in the laboratory.
Refuse to connect it with persons or motives, and positively forbid the imagination to dwell up it.
FORGET IT.
LEARN TO FORGET BY FORGETTING
FORGETTING IS AN ART


2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


TO FORGET:
  • disregard an offense
  • remove judgmental spirits within
  • keep no score of wrongs
  • ignore all good thing you yourself have preformed and expected thanks or recognition for
FORGETTING reminds me that , too, have flaws which others could emphasize.
FORGETTING enables me to be big and encouraging, not petty and negative.
FORGETTING frees me to live for tomorrow rather than be hung up on yesterdays.


Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before


UNFORGIVENESS STOPS YOUR MIRACLES FROM HAPPENING!
MOUNTAIN MOVING FAITH BEGINS WITH FORGIVENESS!

Mark 11: 24 Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And WHEN YOU STAND PRAYING, IF YOU HOLD ANYTHING AGAINST ANYONE, FORGIVE THEM, SO THAT YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN MAY FORGIVE YOU YOUR SINS.


Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

No comments: