MIGHTY WARRIOR -- SPIRITUAL WAR -- A BATTLE FOR SOULS -- OVERCOMER -- VICTORIOUS SOLDIER

Revelations 12
The Angel, Michael...
7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole [d]world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,
“Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. 11 And THEY OVERCAME HIM BECAUSE OF THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND BECAUSE OF THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY, and they did not love their life even [e]when faced with death. 12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who [f]dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.” 

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh,
 we do not war according to the flesh, 
for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh,
 but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 
We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God,
and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
 
IS "NO" WORKING FOR YOU?
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Do Not Love the World

 1 John 2: 15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Mathew 4: 1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Job 1: 8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

Luke 22: 31 And the Lord said,“ Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Satan Thrown Out of Heaven
Revelation 12: 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
Philippians 4: 8 Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS.

2 Corinthians 10: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but [b]divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and WE ARE TAKING EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.

Philippians 2: 1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

1 Corinthians 2: 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? BUT WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.


THERE IS A WAY FOR A WARRIOR TO PRAY
by David Shelton 1987

A warrior sat in pain, doubting
That he could ever fight again.

He held his wound as he heard a shout
And looked up to see a man.

Away in the distance, coming fast
And holding a glittering sword,

Strode a might man with the bearing of
A noble, a prince, a lord.


The soldier winched while drawing breath,
He struggled to make a stand,
His wound began to bleed again--
His sword was in his hand.

He had fought so many battles
He has slain so many foes,
But now his heart was weary
And his eyes threatened to close.


His arm could barely lift the sword,
Both legs began to shake,
As he shouted, "God, please give me strength!"
His voice began to break....

"To you, O God,
I've lived my life And now,
O Lord, I pray: That You would bless what's left of me
And help me fight today."

The warrior looked up and tried to see
How near the man had come,
But he could not because the man
Was brighter than the sun.

He cried, "O God, I cannot win
Against a man like this.
But I will fight and die for You--
If that is what you wish.”

“It is not Me you have to fight,”
Said the Man with the glittering sword.
“But I have come to fight for you,
BY THE POWER OF MY WORD.


I AM the strength you prayed for,
It is to Me you prayed.
I AM the Way, the Truth, the Life
My Father, I obeyed."


The warrior collapsed into His arms
And Jesus cried, "My child,
I'll carry your burdens;

I'll fight your foe, I'll walk with you this mile."

Then Jesus carried the warrior,
Walking back the way He came.
With love in His heart and tears in His eyes--
For this one who had fought in His Name.
 
 
The Warrior
By Larry S. Clark


This morning my thoughts traveled along
To a place in my life where days have since gone
Beholding an image of what I used to be
As visions were stirred and God spoke to me.

He showed me a Warrior, a soldier in place
Positioned by Heaven, yet I saw no face
I watched as the Warrior fought enemies
That came from the darkness with destruction for me.

I saw as the Warrior would dry away tears
As all of Heaven’s angels hovered so near
I saw many wounds on the Warrior’s face
Yet weapons of warfare were firmly in place.

I felt my heart weeping, my eyes held so much
As God let me feel the Warrior’s prayer touch
I thought, "how familiar", the words that were prayed
The prayers were like lightning that never would fade.

I said to God, "Please, tell me the Warrior’s name."
He gave no reply, He chose to refrain
I asked, "Lord, who is broken that they need such prayer?"
He showed me an image of myself standing there.

Bound by confusion, lost and alone
I felt the prayers of the Warrior carry me home
I asked, “Please show me, Lord, this Warrior so true.”
I watched and I wept,
FOR MOTHER.....THE WARRIOR WAS YOU!

Phil Dricoll's 1994
SOLDIER SONG LYRICS

Soldier... standing on the battle line
finding comfort, in the water and the wine,
and your armor, still so shiny and so new
but you're dirty worn and tired
from the battles you've been through

Soldier, keep your eyes straight ahead
Help the wounded, though it hurts you leave the dead
Keep your weapons and your Spirit at the ready all the
time
Be of courage and conviction, hit the mark, and toe the
line

Chorus:
Tonight when all the lights go out
and you lie down to rest
Know that I'm proud of you,
I know you've done you best
Let Me give you peace,
Let Me hold you for awhile
Yes you are a mighty warrior, but don't forget,
no don't forget, you are still My child

Soldier, standing on the battle line,
Finding comfort in the water and the wine
Though I am with you, when this old world keeps
charging in,
I'll stay with you, I'll see you through to the very
end.

Soldier, keep My flag flying high,
Don't let it fall in battle, or be stolen in the night.
And above all else, this, soldier: Don't you lose you
battle cry,
'Cause My army's fighting with you, and I'm standing by
your side.

(Chorus)
You're a mighty warrior, but you're still My child
You're a mighty warrior, but you're still My child
You're a mighty warrior, but you're still My child

Yes you are a mighty warrior, but don't forget, ooo
don't forget, you are still My child.
Phil Driscoll - WARRIORS 
Ephesians 6
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, 19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Philippians 4
Finally, brethren,
whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Philippians 2
  5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6woSL6yC9wA

Techniques in Spiritual Warfare


Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

5 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

We truly are in a battle for souls...so many in this world need Jesus.

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

We must never fight naked-- the whole armor (not just a part here and there) is need for victory in the lives we have been given to tend!

Luke 21: 19
By your perseverance you will win your souls.

Thank you for your comment and God Bless Your Wonderful Blog!

Stuff

Brenda said...

Beautiful scripture and beautiful spiritually inspired poetry. The battle truly belongs to the Lord.
God bless you

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

Thank you, Brenda!
I always loved that hymn "Onward Christian Soldiers" but only as I've grown old have I began to truly understand that we don't always live to see the answers to our prayers or see the miracles they bring to the lives of others.

God bless your day!
Stuff

Brenda said...

That's true, we don't always see the fruit of our labour, and sometimes not the answer to our prayers. However sometimes we do, miracles as well.
God bless your day too.