TELL THE CHILDREN -- GENERATION TO GENERATION -- IT'S YOUR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY TELL IT!


Dear Heavenly Father, as I read these powerful words in the Bible from Joel 1: 3 where it says:
"Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation."
I ponder my own past encounters with the gospel message as well as the words I spoke to my children of my faith in Jesus Christ and the memories of words my parents and grandparents spoke into my life of their faith.

The resurrection season is upon us as many celebrate our risen savior all over the nation in many varied ways.
Help us each and everyone to open up our heart's door to share the hope of eternity, the forgiveness of sins we've experienced, and the salvation message we know to be real with others especially our own children and grandchildren.
Each of us is a walking spiritual story -- help us not to be ashamed of our past journey as we share the deliverances we've experienced throughout our lives because of Jesus' grace, mercy, and forgiveness.
"BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD GO I" is a term we know all too well -- let us grow from our struggles and the struggles of our ancestor's so that future generations will truly know we are overcomers because of Christ who strengthens us.
Please bless my friends and family this Easter season and each new day as you walk through their lives with them during the good times and the bad. Strength them mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually; in Jesus' mighty name I pray, Amen.
THE GOSPEL
1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I DECLARE UNTO YOU THE GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 BY WHICH ALSO YE ARE SAVED, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES;
4 And that HE WAS BURIED, and that HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, HE WAS SEEN OF ABOVE FIVE HUNDRED BRETHREN AT ONCE; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so WE PREACH, and so YE BELIEVED.

"Please inquire of past generations, And consider the things searched out by their fathers.
 Job 8:8
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. "You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Psalm 78

My people, hear my teaching;
    listen to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth with a parable;
    I will utter hidden things, things from of old—
things we have heard and known,
    things our ancestors have told us.

We will not hide them from their descendants;
    we will tell the next generation

the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
    his power, and the wonders he has done.
He decreed statutes for Jacob
    and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
    to teach their children,
so the next generation would know them,
    even the children yet to be born,
    and they in turn would tell their children.

Then they would put their trust in God
    and would not forget his deeds
    but would keep his commands.
They would not be like their ancestors
    a stubborn and rebellious generation,
whose hearts were not loyal to God,
    whose spirits were not faithful to him.
Tell them - Andrae Crouch & The Disciples

"Remember the days of old, Consider the years of all generations. Ask your father, and he will inform you, Your elders, and they will tell you.  Deuteronomy 32:7

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come. Psalm 71:18
       
"Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;
Deuteronomy 7:9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: