Each Must Cross Death's Valley -- To Get To The Other Shore

As I walk upon the shore
I think of all
Who walked here before
Some came in laughter
Others in tears
Over generations
And many years.

Men and women
Young and old
Would come to find peace
In the sunset of gold

They came to find peace
from worldly strife
They would come to find peace
From that thing we call life.

As the waves break
Upon the sand
I wish that I could take
A trip to the far off
Peaceful sunset land.

author unknown 
PSALM 23:
"Yea, though I WALK THROUGH the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER, today I calmly WALK THROUGH with you what ever may come my way.

This morning, I have willingly picked up my cross in preparation for any and all sorrows or joys you may allow to come my way.

Though trials may come I want to steadily advance with you WALKING THROUGH it all by my side.

Thank you Lord, I truly do recall the many times you have WALKED THROUGH shadows of darknesses that were punching at me and often knocking me down as fear tried to overtake me -- the auto accidents, the illnesses, the griefs, the regrets, and also my lonely and lost times I forgot you or couldn't accept or trust your love to lead me in righteousness!

Lead on now this day Lord, though there may be plots of evil or wolfs prowling and trying to devour me, I know from past victories that the protection of your staff will drive them away and we will walk together tending others (lost or hurt) and adding others who want to come along to join your flock.

It will be a good day because we won't be stopped along the way by any enemies, dangers, or fears -- WE SIMPLY WILL WALK THROUGH ONE MORE LOVELY DAY TOGETHER.
AMEN
As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, 
“Let’s cross to the other side.”

In order to reach the other shore 

you must lose sight of this one.

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.
Then, someone at my side says, 'There, she is gone'
Gone where?
Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me - not in her.
And, just at the moment when someone says, 'There, she is gone,'
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, 'Here she comes!'
And that is dying...
Death comes in its own time, in its own way.
Death is as unique as the individual experiencing it. 
Henry Van Dyke

Carry Me To That Other Shore

************************************************************************************************************
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.

No comments: