WISDOM FROM ABOVE



WISDOM: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
•the soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment
•the body of knowledge and principles that develops within a specified society or period


JAMES 3: 13 Who among you is wise and intelligent? Let him by his good conduct show his [good] deeds with the gentleness and humility of true wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not be arrogant, and [as a result] be in defiance of the truth.
15 This [superficial] wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly (secular), natural (unspiritual), even demonic.
16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder [unrest, rebellion] and every evil thing and morally degrading practice.
17 But the wisdom from above is first pure [morally and spiritually undefiled], then peace-loving [courteous, considerate], gentle, reasonable [and willing to listen], full of compassion and good fruits. It is unwavering, without [self-righteous] hypocrisy [and self-serving guile].
18 And the seed whose fruit is righteousness (spiritual maturity) is sown in peace by those who make peace [by actively encouraging goodwill between individuals].



Wisdom


Words Once Spoken Cannot be Retrieved
author unknown:

As human beings, who interact with each other, it is almost impossible to escape from disagreements. All of us are different in many ways, we have our own way of thinking that makes us... see things differently that at some point in our lives, our thoughts and opinions would clash with somebody else's, which may eventually lead us to argument that we don't seek, and we often try our best to win the argument at all costs.
When I was young, as a youth, it was hard to control my emotion. I used to get myself into argument every time when I was engaged in dialogues that lead to disagreements. I would try my very best to beat my "opponents", especially when it was crystal clear that my thoughts are valid. An argument would usually start as a calm discussion, and when both parties refused to give in, the discussion would turn a bit warmer. Even though, at the beginning, I would not be thinking about getting too serious into the argument, but at one point, it would be too late to say "no" to the bad side of my emotion, which would start to take charge, and the argument would become hotter and hotter. My pride and ego would cheer me up and there would be no turning back.
Unfortunately, in my eagerness to win, sometimes I would utter unpleasant words, which would hit deep in the heart of the "opponents". It would act like a weapon of mass destruction used when the war of disagreements was taking too long to end. Eventually, nothing which could be proud of, would be achieved by both parties, except for regrets, frustrations and wounded hearts.
The after effect would be very unpleasant. Having the episode repeating in my mind while I sank deep into regret, was very painful. Why did I go to such extent? Why did I get myself into the argument in the first place. A word of sorry might never be able to repair a wounded relationship. Words once spoken cannot be retrieved, they disappear with the time they were said.
When I left those youth age, I changed a lot. I started to avoid getting into argument, unless when it is really necessary, when it benefits me or the person who argues with me. Even if I have to argue, I always make sure that I'm always in control over my emotion and let the argument be and ends in a civil manner. I'm more careful in putting my words. If I sense that my emotion has started to take over, I will choose to walk away from the argument politely. I don't care of loosing the battle without firing a single shot, as in actual fact, I've got nothing to loose. In fact, I've actually won a battle within myself, which is more important to me.
It is absolutely alright to speak out our mind and express dissatisfaction or anger but we must always try to do it in awareness and without loosing our temper, don't be carried away by emotion.
Words are so powerful. They can be so beautiful and helpful, but they can also be harsh and harmful. We are blessed with tongues that speak words. It could be words of love, praise, kindness, forgiveness and encouragement, and it could also be words full of hatred, disrespect and slander.
Words can weave together a broken relationship, but words can also create waves that separate two people. Words can heal a broken heart, but words can also hurt feelings. Words can transmit a wealth of information but words can also be deceiving. Words can praise a person but words can also assassinate a character. Words can bring peace and joy, but words can also set a blazing fire to harmony.
And all these words shall serve as an advice to myself first.

James 3: The tongue is [in a sense] a fire, the very world of injustice and unrighteousness; the tongue is set among our members as that which contaminates the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life [the cycle of man’s existence], and is itself set on fire by hell. 7 For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and sea creatures, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. 8 But no one can tame the human tongue; it is a restless evil [undisciplined, unstable], full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God. 10 Out of the same mouth come both blessing and cursing.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: