FATHERS TEACH YOUR CHILDREN GOD'S COMMANDMENTS -- PRAYER FOR THE CHILDREN


Dear Heavenly Father,
As I read Psalm 78 I see your great love for children and a desire for them to know your commandments.
I see the written assignment you have given in particular to the fathers as teachers of your Biblical truths.
Yet in America with so much divorce and sexual identify crisis going on the God given father role has not always been respected in the courts, in the homes, or through out the land in general.
Forgive us Lord, heal our homes and marriages, brin
g unity of parents on behalf of children they have birthed, deliver us from the curse of divorce and division that hurts and breaks the hearts of children.
Help us as parents to be living examples of your ways so that each new generation of our seed may be blessed by you and their faith would be in you and your commandments generation to generation.
In Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.




Psalm 78 Amplified Bible
1 Listen, O my people, to my teaching;
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth [and be willing to learn].
2 I will open my mouth in a parable [to instruct using examples];
I will utter dark and puzzling sayings of old [that contain important truth]—
3 Which we have heard and known,
And our fathers have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children,
But [we will] tell to the generation to come the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
And [tell of] His great might and power and the wonderful works that He has done
5 For He established a testimony (a specific precept) in Jacob
And appointed a law in Israel,
Which He commanded our fathers
That they should teach to their children [the great facts of God’s transactions with Israel],
6 That the generation to come might know them, that the children still to be born
May arise and recount them to their children,
7 That they should place their confidence in God
And not forget the works of God,
But keep His commandments,

8 And not be like their fathers—
A stubborn and rebellious generation,
A generation that did not prepare its heart to know and follow God,
And whose spirit was not faithful to God.





Teach Your Children - Suzzy Bogguss, Kathy Mattea, Crosby, Stills & Nash .mpg
 
 
 
We need to stop talking about dads like they're an inept accessory to parenting.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

No comments: