BE NOT ASHAMED OF FRIEND JESUS

I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior], to the Jew first and also to the Greek. . Romans 1:16
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God,
2 Timothy 1:8

FRIEND: a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.
A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:20
Do not associate with a man given to anger; Or go with a hot-tempered man, Or you will learn his ways And find a snare for yourself. Proverbs 22:24-25
Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." 1 Corinthians 15:33

I had many friends to help me to fall; but as to rising again, I was so much left to myself, that I wonder now I was not always on the ground. I praise God for His mercy; for it was He only Who stretched out His hand to me. May He be blessed for ever! Amen.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Before us is a future all unknown,
a path untrod;
beside us a friend well-loved and known --
THAT FRIEND IS GOD.
What a friend we have in Jesus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




No comments: