SHIELD OF FAITH AGAINST FIERY DARTS

Still another said, “I will follow You, Lord; but first let me bid farewell to my family.” 
Luke 9:61-62
For though we walk in the flesh [as mortal men], we are not carrying on our [spiritual] warfare according to the flesh and using the weapons of man.
The weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood]. Our weapons are divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
So submit to [the authority of] God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you.
James 4:7

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
2 Timothy 1:7
For He has rescued us and has drawn us to Himself from the dominion of darkness, and has transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
Colossians 1:13
Security of the One Who Trusts in the Lord.
Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand].
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust [with great confidence, and on whom I rely]!”
3 For He will save you from the trap of the fowler,
And from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you and completely protect you with His pinions,
And under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and a wall.
5 You will not be afraid of the terror of night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction (sudden death) that lays waste at noon.
7 A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But danger will not come near you.
8 You will only [be a spectator as you] look on with your eyes
And witness the [divine] repayment of the wicked [as you watch safely from the shelter of the Most High].
9 Because you have made the Lord, [who is] my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11 For He will command His angels in regard to you,
To protect and defend and guard you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
12 They will lift you up in their hands,
So that you do not [even] strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and cobra;
The young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
14 “Because he set his love on Me, therefore I will save him;
I will set him [securely] on high, because he knows My name [he confidently trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never abandon him, no, never].
15 “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 “With a long life I will satisfy him
And I will let him see My salvation.”

How Long by Petra

We have sung our songs of victory
We have prayed to You for rain.
We have cried for Your compassion
to renew the land again.
Now we're standing in Your presence
more hungry than before.
Now we're on Your steps of mercy
and we're knocking at Your door.

How long, before You drench the barren land? How long, before we see Your righteous hand? How long, before Your name is lifted high? How long, before the weeping turns to songs of joy?

Lord we know Your heart is broken,
by the evil that You see.
And You've stayed Your hand of judgement
for Your plan to set men free.
But the land is still in darkness
and we've fled from what is right.
And we've failed the silent children
who will never see the light.

How long, before You drench the barren land? How long, before we see Your righteous hand? How long, before Your Name is lifted high? How long, before the weeping turns to songs of joy?

But I know a day is coming, when the deaf will hear His voice. And the blind will see the Saviour, and the lame will leap for joy. When a widow finds a husband, who will always love His bride. And the orphan finds a Father, Who will never leave her side.

How long, before Your glory lights the skies? How long, before Your radiance lifts our eyes? How long, before Your fragrance fills the air? How long, before the earth resounds with songs?
(REPEAT)

Petra - The Battle Belongs to the Lord

 

Prayer Changes Everything



I Have Decided To Follow Jesus

THOUGH NONE GO WITH ME STILL I WILL FOLLOW.
NO TURNING BACK.
I Have Decided to Follow Jesus is a Christian hymn that originated in Assam, India. According to Dr P. Job, the lyrics are based on the last words of Nokseng, a Garo man, a tribe from Meghalaya which then was in Assam, who along with his family decided to follow Jesus Christ in the middle of the 19th century through the efforts of an American Baptist missionary. Called to renounce his faith by the village chief, the convert declared, "I have decided to follow Jesus." His two children were killed and in response to threats to his wife, he continued, "Though no one join me, still I will follow." His wife was killed, and he was executed while singing, "The world behind me, The cross before me." This display of faith is reported to have led to the conversion of the chief and others in the village. The fierce opposition is possible, as various tribes in that area were formerly renowned for head-hunting.
Psalms 89:32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
2 Corinthians 6:5 |In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: