MATURITY - MILK OR MEAT


Hebrews 5: 12  For though by this time you ought to be teachers [because of the time you have had to learn these truths], you actually need someone to teach you again the elementary principles of God’s word [from the beginning], and you have come to be continually in need of milk, not solid food. 13 For everyone who lives on milk is [doctrinally inexperienced and] unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a spiritual infant. 14 But solid food is for the [spiritually] mature, whose senses are trained by practice to distinguish between what is morally good and what is evil.


1 Corinthians 3: 1 However, brothers and sisters, I could not talk to you as to spiritual people, but [only] as to worldly people [dominated by human nature], mere infants [in the new life] in Christ! I fed you with milk, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Even now you are still not ready. You are still worldly [controlled by ordinary impulses, the sinful capacity]. For as long as there is jealousy and strife and discord among you, are you not unspiritual, and are you not walking like ordinary men [unchanged by faith]? For when one of you says, “I am [a disciple] of Paul,” and another, “I am [a disciple] of Apollos,” are you not [proving yourselves unchanged, just] ordinary people?


MATURITY is the ability to settle differences without violence or destruction.
MATURITY is the patience, the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long term gain.
MATURITY is unselfishness – responding to the needs of others, often at the expense of one's own desires or wishes.
MATURITY is the capacity to fare unpleasantness and frustration, discomfort and defeat, without complaint or collapse.
MATURITY is humility. It is being big enough to say, “I was ...
wrong”. And when right, the mature person need not say, “I told you so”.
MATURITY is the ability to make a decision and stand by it. The immature spend their lives exploring endless possibilities the do nothing.
MATURITY means dependability, keeping one's word, coming thorough in a crisis.
MATURITY is the art of living in peace with that which cannot be changed.





YOUR WORDS WERE FOUND AND I ATE THEM,
And Your words became a joy to me
and the delight of my heart;
For I have been called by Your name,
O Lord God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16







THY WORD - MICHAEL W. SMITH & AMY GRANT


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: