THE CROSS -- NO OTHER WAY

Red Mountain Church - At the Cross (Alas, And Did My Savior Bleed)

A serious warning-- 
IF THERE IS NO CROSS TAUGHT AND/OR DISPLAYED AT YOUR CHURCH -- 
WALK AWAY (running would even be better)  
 FOR WITHOUT THE CROSS AND CHRIST'S CALVARY HILL EXPERIENCE 
THERE IS NO VICTORY, DELIVERANCE, FORGIVENESS, VISION, POWER, WISDOM, NOR HOPE TO EQUIP YOU FOR LIVING THIS LIFE NOR AN ETERNAL LIFE!
"The longer I dwell on the cross in my thoughts, the more I am satisfied that there is more to be learned at the foot of the cross than anywhere else in the world."
Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Matthew 10:33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
2 Cor 4:2-4,18 We speak the plain truth and so commend ourselves to every mans conscience in the sight of God. If our gospel is "veiled", the veil must be in the minds of those who are spiritually dying. The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them... For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible. The visible things are transitory: it is the invisible things that are permanent.
1 Corinthians 15
The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast [a]the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
2 Timothy 1:8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.

Luke 9:23 
And He was saying to them all, 
“If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross daily [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me].

Down at the Cross - Guy Penrod - Lyrics

Rick Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder - 2 "Soldier of the Cross"

THE
CROSS
One board nailed
across another.
For more than
2000 years,
people have followed this sign. In the middle of the
Cross is the heart of the man who died upon it.
A peasant who established a kingdom. A carpenter
who built a church for all times. A sentenced
criminal whose death won eternal life. The
Cross is a sign of contradiction: We gain our soul
by losing it. Our
weakness is our
strength. The
last shall be first.
Our enemies
deserve our love.
The greatest deed
is to care for the
least of humanity.
At the
juncture of two
planks, all truth
can be found –
the crux of life
and death. Let us
make the way of
the Cross our
way of life.
By Lisa O. Engelhardt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: