FOLLOW ME

"Someone said to Him, “Look! Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside asking to speak to You.” But Jesus replied to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And stretching out His hand toward His disciples [and all His other followers], He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven [by believing in Me, and following Me] is My brother and sister and mother.”
Matthew 12:47-50

 

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

John 14:1
Ain't No Grave (LIVE) - Bethel Music & Molly Skaggs | VICTORY
Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave (With Lyrics)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:17-18

MARIE BROWN, MY HOMELESS FRIEND
I remember Marie so well -- I found her out of concern when I saw this old beat up vehicle continually parked at the old Pamida parking lot.
One day I saw her out of the car & decided to stop and check on her. She was delightful. She had come from Seattle to enjoy our summer and scenery. She had chosen to live a homeless life because she had a dog and cat and wanted to travel but couldn't afford housing too; so her vehicle became her home.
Gradually we became better and better friends. She attended church with me and shared her many strange stories with me. As she traveled she always told people she was writing a book and doing a study on homelessness -- the truth was she had cancer and didn't want to be institute bound.
She was wise with her funds from Social Security and ate well. Daily she went to Super One just as the deli was closing because they then sold everything for half price. Once I had baked her an apple pie and she insisted we go into Super One and eat it there so she could introduce me to the wonderful ladies at the deli who were always so kind to her. And yes they were kind, they provided us with plates and forks to eat the pie since we were buying ice cream to go on top.
One time I flew to see my friend Midge in Seattle and she even came to the airport to visit me and meet my friend.
I enjoyed her company 3 summers in a row then one day she never returned. She had called me many times from Seattle area to let me know her cancer had progressed and she was living until death with her animals in someone's camper in a back yard near Tacoma.
She was rough around the edges, but truly a sweet sister in Christ.
I've never looked at the homeless the same since being blessed by her inspiration and joy for living life to the fullest.
"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to ANGELS without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: