GRAY HAIR -- OLD AGE

Psalm 71

9 DO NOT CAST ME AWAY WHEN I AM OLD;
do not forsake me when my strength is gone.
10 For my enemies speak against me;
those who wait to kill me conspire together.
11 They say, “God has forsaken him;
pursue him and seize him,
for no one will rescue him.”
12 Do not be far from me, my God;
come quickly, God, to help me.
13 May my accusers perish in shame;
may those who want to harm me
be covered with scorn and disgrace.

14 As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.

15 MY MOUTH WILL TELL OF YOUR RIGHTEOUS DEEDS,
of your saving acts all day long—
though I know not how to relate them all.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 EVEN WHEN I AM OLD AND GRAY,
do not forsake me, my God,
TILL I DECLARE YOUR POWER TO THE NEXT GENERATION,
your mighty acts TO ALL WHO ARE TO COME.
Deuteronomy 34:7
Moses was 120 years old when he died, but his eyesight hadn’t failed and his strength hadn’t diminished

Isaiah 46:4
I will be your God throughout your lifetime -- until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

Psalm 92:14-15
14 They will bear fruit into old age;
even in winter, they will be green and full of sap
15 To display that the Eternal is righteous.
He is my rock, and there is no shadow of evil in Him

‘And it shall be in the last days,’ says God,
‘That I will pour out My Spirit upon all mankind;
And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
And your young men shall see [divinely prompted] visions,
And your old men shall dream [divinely prompted] dreams;
Act 2:17

Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking engagement and when his plane arrived there was a limousine there to transport him to his home. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver.

'You know' he said, 'I am 87 years old and I have never
Driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?'

The driver said, 'No problem. Have at it.'

Billy gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap.

The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone.

The trooper pulled out and easily caught the limo then got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure. The young trooper walked up to the driver's door and when the glass was rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving.

He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his supervisor. 'I know we are supposed to enforce the law.... but I also know that important people are given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person.'

The supervisor asked, 'Is it the governor?'

The young trooper said, 'No, he's more important than that.'

The supervisor said, 'Oh, so it's the president.'

The young trooper said, 'No, he's even more Important than that.'

After a moment,the supervisor finally asked, 'Well then, who is it?'

The young trooper said, 'I think it's Jesus, because he's got Billy Graham for a chauffeur!'

A woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services, when she was startled by an intruder... She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled: 'Stop! Acts 2:38'

The burglar stopped in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.
As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar: 'Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture at you.'
'Scripture?' replied the burglar.. 'She said she had an Ax and Two 38s!'


*** Acts 2:38 Repent and be Baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ , so that your sins may be forgiven. ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclosure: Much of what is in my posts are things I have compiled through the years and I do not know if they have copyrights. What I do know about origin or website I give credit and have tried to always post a link to the origin. I do not market anything in any way on this blog -- I merely hope it will encourage and inspire others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Brenda said...

the first story portrays that it does not matter what we are on the outside, it is what we are on the inside. If we let our lives go by without the presence of the Lord for guidance then we shall be accountable. The second story reflects how the Lord has amazing ways to protect His children from the enemy.

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

Psalm 71:18
Finally arrived at old age -- have time to share with the next generation (which has become very anti-christian these days!

I am thankful for the Hope within that extends beyond by four walls through my Facebook & Blogs sites -- lots of people are being reached by these old hands.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

Every candle that gets lit in the dark room must feel a little rejection
Every song sung off key must feel a little rejection
Every book left half-read must feel a little rejection
Every plant left untended must feel a little rejection
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ANYWAY
SING THAT SONG ANYWAY
WRITE YOUR OWN BOOK ANYWAY
PLANT AND WATER GOOD THINGS FOR YOUR SOUL ANYWAY